How to Add a Health Notification to Your Website
The world is on edge right now about the corona virus.
As contractors, who enter people’s homes, or as businesses still working with the public it’s important to be aware of concerns customers might have.
To communicate your companies sanitization efforts you can setup a notification on your website.
With a wordpress plugin the setup is quick easy.
WordPress Cookie Notice Plugin for Notices
Cookie notification plugins are light weight and can be used for any types of notifications you require.
This website is using the Cookie Notice Plugin which has customization options.
- Ability to display notifications on bottom or top of the website.
- Ability to link to additional information pages.
- Customizable colors to either compliment or catch the attention of an important message.
- Free to use
How To Download The Cookie Notice for WordPress
Login to your WordPress dashboard (yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
click – plugins
click – add-new
On the following screen type in “cookie notice” in the search bar. Then select the plugin that says “Cookie Notice for GDPR & CCPA”. You’ll notice it has more than 1 million active downloads and over 2,400 five-star reviews.
Click- Install Now
From the WordPress Dashboard click on “Settings” and then “Cookie Notice”.
Add Your Business Notification Message
Next to “Message” write a notification that fits your company message for your area and market.
Change Button Text
Customize the OK text on the button that will make your notification disappear.
Many local businesses created their own pages on their websites with detailing what they have done in response to the COVID-19 threat
Customizing Message Colors
Scroll down to bottom of the plugin. There are options to change the Bar Color and Text Color of your notification.
It can take a minute or two for the plugin to refresh. You may need to use a new browser, for you to see the notification live on your website.
Creating a “Learn More” Page
(Jiu Jitsu School)
Home Services Example
COVID-19 Announcement: At Your-Company, the health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. We remain committed to serving our community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and have taken extra measures to protect your health & safety. Learn more by clicking here.
NEW COVID-19 PAGE
Your-Company COVID-19 Update
- We understand plumbing, HVAC and electrical emergencies can happen at any time, including during a pandemic. Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that corona virus (COVID-19) is causing both in the Okanagan Valley and around the world, our highest priority is the health and well-being of our clients and employees. With that in mind, we wanted to update you on the actions Your-Company has taken in response to the outbreak to protect our employees and clients and continue our efforts to serve the community to the best of our ability.
Any and all Your-Company staff who are symptomatic will be asked to stay home.
- Our Customer Service staff will be asking all clients if anyone in the home or business has been symptomatic (cough, fever, shortness of breath). At this time, we’re limiting our contact with symptomatic clients in an effort to reduce the possibility of spreading illness to others, per CDC recommendations.
- Our field staff will be utilizing protective gear (gloves, booties) in all homes and utilizing recommended hygiene standards, including regularly washing & disinfecting hands; wiping down work spaces, iPads and vehicles between every service call, limiting physical interactions with customers (no hand shaking, sorry!) and keeping a safe distance from others.
Your-Company will continue to operate as scheduled, including 24/7 emergency service. Our focus is to ensure we are available to meet our client’s needs for as long as possible, while also doing our part to keep our community safe and maintain the lowest health risk possible. We will continue to closely monitor the situation as it unfolds, and adjust our operating plan as necessary.
Tastefully Promoting Indoor Air Quality
Many people will want to increase their air quality in times like this.
Promoting your services in “troubling times” can be extremely distasteful and your business can appear tone-deaf if you do this incorrectly.
One email I’ve recently received from Verizon, I believe, hits the right note of concern while highlighting a product they offer.
Here is a screenshot of that message:
Watching the news about what’s happening in our country and abroad can be troubling.
As small business owners, we are the bedrock of the American economy. It’s important for us to respond tastefully to the threat we face. We need to keep our employees and customers safe and healthy.
Communicating to customers online is a great way to build solidarity in the country, to humanize your business, and put people at ease.
In my opinion, it also just happens to be the right thing to do.